Director- Medical Staff Office
Support the Credentialing and Privileging Staff of the Medical Staff Office and the Chief of Service Support Staff for the Services of Anesthesia, Cardiovascular, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Medicine, Ob/Gyn, Orthopedics, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Surgery, and Rehabilitation.
Provides support for the Medical Staff President, including but not limited to, Medical Staff committees and meeting, miscellaneous ad hoc committees, hearing committees, and committee membership, etc.
Responsible for overseeing credentialing and privileging of providers at NL EMMC, Medical Staff Bylaws, policy development of policies that pertain to the medical staff and management of those policies including updates, medical staff interdepartmental directives, and assuring the medical staff regulatory requirements.
Responsible for the professional service budgets for Cardiovascular, Family Medicine, Medicine, Ob/Gyn, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, Radiology, Rehabilitation and Surgery.
Responsible for assisting the Senior Physician Executive in his/her duties related to aspects concerning the medical staff.
Credentialing and Privileging*
Coordinates and oversees a consistent, thorough, compliant, and exemplary credentialing and privileging of providers. Responsive to the Medical staff President, the Senior Physician Executive, and the other stakeholders in the credentialing and privileging processes including CPDM, human resources, legal, compliance, and System Leadership.
Coordinates and oversees the reappointment processes for providers.
Performs Review and Analysis
Reviews and elevates red flag issues to appropriate parties
Medical Staff Office Staff Supervision
Execute personnel actions, having the authority to hire, fire, transfer, suspend or otherwise discipline and appraise employees.
Responsible for completing employee evaluations in a timely manner.
Maintain and coordinate attendance records and incidental personnel activities for the medical staff office.
Supervise assigning duties to office staff.
Responsible for organization and maintenance of personnel files for the professionals of the medical staff office.
Chief of Service Staff Supervision*
- Execute personnel actions, having the authority to hire, fire, transfer, suspend or otherwise discipline and appraise employees.
- Responsible for completing employee evaluations in a timely manner.
- Maintain and coordinate attendance records and incidental personnel activities for the medical staff office.
- Supervise assigning duties to office staff.
Establishes a collegial collaborative environment that supports the needs of the staff and the Chiefs of Service.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of personnel files for the professionals of the medical staff office.
- Oversees Departmental Budgets
- Responsible for analyzing, drafting, and monitoring the annual budget for the following areas: medical staff office and the physician lounge. Also budgets for 40% of the Medical staff Officers stipends.
Provides Miscellaneous Support for Senior Physician Executive *
- Responsible for developing and implementing various initiatives and processes as defined by the Senior Physician executive; e.g. include immunization requirements and tracking and maintenance, allied scientist appointment process, procedural sedation training/competency, implementation and maintenance, disaster call down process - new - implementation and maintenance , etc.
Physician/Allied Health Lounge *
- Responsible for assuring housekeeping and appropriate maintenance occurs.
- Responsible for ongoing dietary orders.
- Responsible for maintaining computer rooms within the lounge along with other miscellaneous inventory.
- Responsible for budget analysis, monitoring and drafting the annual budget for the
Senior Physician Executive.
Support for the Medical Staff President and Medical Staff*
- Responsible for maintaining Medical Staff Committee lists and assignments
- Responsible for the coordination of the Executive Committee meetings including agenda development, meeting arrangements and attendance at EC meetings and drafting minutes and correspondence, etc.
Medical Staff Committees *
Coordinates and provides support for assigned medical staff committees - Budget, Executive, Medical Staff, Nominating and Miscellaneous Ad Hoc Committees *
- Work with chair of each committee to develop a schedule of meetings.
- Responsible for creating and distributing agendas.
- Responsible for coordinating other aspects of the meetings, e.g. conference room, dietary, AV, etc.
- Attend meetings, take attendance, draft minutes and facilitate actions and maintain correspondence and related committee documents.
Medical Staff Bylaws *
- Responsible for maintaining current bylaws, make approved changes, distributing to appropriate personnel and maintaining electronic version on the EMMC Medical Staff
- Work with general legal counsel to coordinate revision process.
- Work with Chair and/or SPE to draft proposed bylaws .
Responsible for ongoing review of licensing regulations (TJC and CMS) and working with the SPE and other hospital personnel in assuring that the Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff functions, policies & procedures comply with the regulations.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
Has completed, or will complete when eligible to sit for the exam, at least one type of certification from the National Association of Medical Services, such as Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM). This requirement must be completed no later than 6 months from eligibility to sit for the exam if not currently certified.
At least 3 years in a leadership position
Current CPMSM certification from the National Association of Medical Staff Services
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous walking.
* Continuous standing.
Equal Opportunity Employment