Come join the amazing team at Community Trades and Careers in Snohomish County! This is a part-time, day shift role.
General Responsibilities: Work with adults with mild to severe disabilities, assisting them in gaining competitive employment and providing follow-up support services (job coaching). May also provide job development and facilitate supported-employment activities.
Essential Functions: (Tasks, Responsibilities, and Competencies. May not include all duties of this job)
- Provide direct and indirect services to employment program participants
- Assess participant interests and abilities following referral from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), Foundational Community Supports (FCS), or other referral sources
- Conduct all aspects of job development and placement: work site and employment assessments, work skill building, job analysis and job retention
- Provide consistent, positive on-going support to participant, employer and others involved in the successful employment of the participant
- Demonstrate understanding of the unique components of a variety of community-based work settings; assist employed participants in adhering to the dress codes, behavior expectations, etc. of the particular work site where he/she is employed
- Represent Community Trades and Careers (CTC) to the business community
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with DVR and DDD counselors and agency managers
- Research local employers and agencies to determine job openings
- Educate potential employers about the advantages of hiring persons with disabilities
- Maintain company record keeping schedules
- Maintain concise records and paperwork; narratives, plans and reports in an accountable and timely manner as required by program policies and procedures
- Maintain an updated file of all employers contacted with names and titles of key hiring personnel
- Maintain safe and healthy, accessible and productive work environment
- Drive frequently to perform a variety of essential job functions such as researching local companies, accompany participant to job site as needed, meet with potential employers, etc. Therefore, this position requires a personal vehicle, Washington State Drivers License (WSDL) and complete automobile insurance.
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in this job description or tasks that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Essential Requirements: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience)
- 1-3 years’ experience working in vocational services
- DSHS background clearance required
- Current valid Washington State driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- $50,000 automobile liability insurance required
- Must have reliable, safe, and operative vehicle that will pass agency vehicle safety inspection.
- Must own Smart Phone for business use with stipend paid monthly
- Excellent communication (oral and written), listening skills, organization and problem-solving skills required
- Creativity, flexibility, dependability, positive attitude, professional appearance and demeanor are essential.
- Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with mental illnesses and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
- Adherence to professional and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and commitment to developing multicultural competency and sensitivity.
- Ability to organize work, time and priorities to meet deadlines essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with other, inside and outside the agency.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, operate a personal computer and use a calculator to perform simple math functions.
- Licensure/Certification: Must be registered to work in the field.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI): must be active with Sunrise reflected as agency designation.
Monday - Thursday
Compensation & Benefits:
- $18 - $20 per hour
Why Sunrise Services Inc?
- An abundance of opportunity for growth and development
- Supportive, Team-driven culture
- Competitive benefits and Compensation plan
- Making a true difference in the community, and the lives of vulnerable individuals
Check out our About Us video here: Sunrise Services Inc. About Us
Proclamation 21 -14 requires COVID-19 Vaccinations for employees, volunteers, and contractors that work in a healthcare setting. In accordance with the Governor's proclamation, Sunrise Services employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination status will be required upon hire.
To comply with Federal law, Sunrise Services participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.