Police Services Specialist
Police Services Specialist:
Perform administrative tasks in the support of police staff services. Work is performed independently and as part of a team. Tasks are often routine and recurring and are completed with general guidelines and require some independent judgment. Contribute to the City’s vision, mission, and goals in the
performance of all job duties.
- Foster a culture of equity and inclusion by recognizing the diverse needs and perspectives of groups and individuals.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork and respect.
- Respond to walk up, email, and telephone inquiries; respond to officer and City personnel radio requests; answer a variety of technical questions, refer individuals to appropriate offices and agencies
- Process requests for information according to established guidelines using discretionary decision making.
- Maintain a variety of confidential files, reports, and records; enter and update information into state and national law enforcement computer systems.
- Data entry and scanning of various police reports, statements, forms and letters; make copies and distribute as required.
- Perform a variety of support duties related to law enforcement, including dissemination of criminal and civil records, written correspondence, alpha numerical filing, merge reports into database and make necessary corrections, process traffic and criminal citations, civil papers, and records for departmental use; prepare cases for court docket.
- Conduct call outs for SWAT, Negotiators, Investigations, Traffic, and other City departments.
- Process and issue Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL) and weapon purchases; collect fees for fingerprinting, records requests, and CPL’s;
- Receive, prepare, enter, recall, or cancel Renton Municipal Court warrants.
- Monitor closed circuit security system and the City alarm system, giving proper emergency notification. Operate police radio console, computer, fax machine, copier, shredder, cellular phone, multi-line telephone, document scanner, and other office equipment as required.
- Work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required (overtime eligibility pursuant to collective bargaining agreement).
- Remain current with relevant technological advancements as it relates to field.
- Maintain regular, reliable, and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to support City priorities during emergencies.
- Accept and process evidence and found property.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of clerical experience, including customer service with the public.
- United States Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
- Successful passing of a required background check, including:
- Personal background investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological evaluation
- Drug-screening test.
- Obtain the ACCESS (A Central Computerized Enforcement Service System) Certification within 6(six) months of hire.
New Specialists could be assigned a weekend/night shift for an extended period of time.
$47,508.00 - $65,220.00 Annually
1055 South Grady Way Renton WA 98057, WA
Police - Administration