Handle real property and other assigned projects within the legal department of a privately held company, including, preparing and/or filing various documents, certificates, statements, amendments, and forms Performing UCC and other searches. Preparing and tracking closing checklists and transactional documentation from letter of intent through completion of closing binders. Participating in and attending closings; obtaining Registry of Deeds documentation; assisting with various lease documents; reviewing due diligence materials. Obtaining documents from various governmental agencies.
• Assess and prepare a variety of real property contracts, lease agreements and closing documents.
• Review surveys, title commitments, and exception documents.
• Prepare ancillary real estate transaction documents such as escrow instructions, deeds, easements, owner’s affidavits, closing certificates, etc.
• Provide general assistance in real estate, lending, and leasing transactions.
• Analyze and summarize documents, zoning ordinances and statutes for review by attorneys.
• Work closely with the legal team to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues and support a broad range of commercial transactions and projects.
• Perform legal due diligence.
• Facilitate communications between property owners, landlords, and the company.
• Analyze title documents and legal descriptions of properties.
• Document processes, as well as maintain hard copy files and electronic records.
• Escalate serious concerns.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customers, and leadership.
• Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance as required for position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Graduate of an accredited college, university or paralegal program with strong academic credentials.
• 5 years working as a paralegal or Title Closer required.
• Extensive knowledge of real estate documents, contracts, applications, and submissions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and move document files with or without the support of others.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Employee may be required to travel if necessary.
• Employee may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit Midco.com/Careers to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)