Youth Training Coordinator
POSITION: Youth Training Coordinator
AREA: Chelan/Douglas Counties
OFFICE: Wenatchee, WA
SALARY RANGE: $19.80 - $26.59 Per Hour
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Non-Exempt Employment
NORMAL WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week. May include occasional scheduled evening hours. Employee will follow SkillSource’s employment guidelines and procedures.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Youth Training Manger
SkillSource facilitates the one-stop partnership and provides employment and training services to job seekers and employers throughout North Central Washington. The non-profit agency has a thirty-eight year track record of arranging and/or linking career builders to high quality workforce development services.
The Youth Training Coordinator is responsible for providing a full range of personnel and training services to SkillSource youth and business customers. These services include, but are not limited to: building customer relationships, developing training positions with local businesses, assisting employers with employee skill assessments, planning training, coordinating project based learning, creating and instructing workshops/seminars, recruiting program customers, determining and verifying eligibility, assessing skills and barriers, conducting career/vocational counseling, and entering and maintaining customer records in management information systems. Additionally, the Youth Training Coordinator works with minimal supervision and self direction to complete established goals and objectives.
· Contacts and meets with employers to develop training sites and plans and to promote SkillSource services; Makes multimedia presentations.
· Establishes and maintains working relationships with educational and training institutions, employers, other public agencies and community-based organizations for recruitment and training purposes; Makes presentations and participates as a member of advisory committees, service clubs and related associations to promote and/or coordinate SkillSource services.
· Recruits youth customers and promotes SkillSource services; facilitates orientation and communicates SkillSource service information in individual and/or group settings. Refers youth to other resources and services.
· Packages custom education and job training activities that maximize each youth’s competency achievement and employability development; coordinates project-based learning.
· Develops training contracts when appropriate; negotiates and writes training contracts; facilitates supervisor, trainer, and youth orientation and communicates program activity rules and regulations.
· Researches, plans, organizes and delivers workshops and seminars to youth and employers; selects and/or develops and distributes training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids; sets-up and operates audiovisual equipment.
· Enters and maintains customer data in multiple management information systems and web-based applications; operates several computer applications.
· Conducts intake interviews and applies appropriate federal, state and local guidelines to determine eligibility for program and/or type of services; gathers and compiles eligibility documentation and communicates eligibility determination outcomes to youth. Communicates information on local complaint resolution policy and equal opportunity to all youth.
· Conducts individual assessment and evaluation of a youth’s overall employment and academic needs through in-depth counseling sessions; assesses and identifies educational and employment barriers and corrects inappropriate behavior.
· Develops individualized written employability and career plans with youth, independently or in coordination with other service providers, that provides for needs such as occupational/aptitude testing, training, employment assistance, supportive services, health and medical care.
· Discusses and develops employment and/or training plans with youth; administers and interprets skill, interest, and aptitude assessments and tests; participates in case staffing.
· Develops and maintains employability plans that include multiple customer service strategies that maximize organizational performance outcomes.
· Motivates youth to achieve educational and/or employment goals; documents progress and updates and adjusts learning and career plan as necessary.
· Develops and maintains up-to-date youth files that contain eligibility documentation, employability plans, assessments, training activity documents and contracts, evaluations, counseling notes, time sheets/attendance forms and other related information.
· Authorizes, evaluates and monitors supportive service vouchers and training activity expenditures; monitors time sheets and other related documents.
· Provides follow-up counseling and assistance to youth who have been placed into a training activity or unsubsidized employment. Travels to training sites for follow-up and monitoring purposes.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree in related field such as training and development, personnel administration, education, psychology, counseling, human resources or any social science field. Associate degree (any discipline) and two years experience providing case management, counseling, or other direct services to at-risk individuals or sixteen to twenty-one-year-old youth may be substituted for bachelor degree.
2. A valid vehicle driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, automobile liability insurance as required, and willingness to travel at approved mileage reimbursement rate.
3. 2-3 years work experience with computer applications.
4. Must be COVID vaccinated at the Wenatchee location.
1. Willingness to work overtime if necessary.
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to develop positive relationships with at-risk youth and local businesses.
4. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
SkillSource is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.