Summer Camp Jobs w/ Kids and Adults with Disabilities
Camp Stand By Me is still hiring for our Summer 2022 camp season!
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $350.00 - $400.00 per week, plus full room and board
Dates: July 17th-August 29th
Come make a difference in people’s lives!
Camp is about all of the things children and adults CAN do: swim, play, archery, eat s'mores, build lifelong friendships, and more. Easterseals Camp Stand By Me in Vaughn, WA provides an inclusive, barrier-free environment for children and adults with disabilities to experience all the joys of camp without limitations.
We are currently searching for enthusiastic, hard-working candidates that are looking for summer work opportunities that will give them meaningful, important experiences working with people with disabilities.
Our current positions include:
Summer Camp Counselors - Our counselors will be providing care for each of our campers while also helping them participate in our fun, accessible, outdoor activities. Counselors are trained onsite in disabilities, personal care, and behaviors during our orientation prior to summer camp sessions.
Commitment: July 17th-Aug 29th
Kitchen Aides & Activity Instructors - Commitment: July 17th-Aug 29th
Open positions offer an opportunity to gain career experience in:
- Teaching, Special Education
- Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Recreational Therapy, Art Therapy
- Environmental Sciences
- Culinary Arts, Nutrition
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check
- All staff is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Physical strength to lift adult campers with the assistance of another staff member
- Physical strength to push adult campers in wheelchairs and down hills safely
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, twisting, reaching overhead, walking on wet surfaces and standing for long periods of time.
Needed Attributes/Desired Skills:
- A strong desire to serve people with disabilities
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to learn
- Ability to be flexible in changing situations
- Ability to assess and react in emergency situations
- Possess a calm, positive, friendly demeanor
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a recreational site on a steep hill and near a rocky waterfront. Staff is expected to work on a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and live-in a group environment. May have contact with adverse weather conditions, noise, dust, poor air quality, pollen, and insects.
Why you should work at Camp Stand By Me:
- Make a significant, positive impact on people with special needs and their families
- Meet amazing people from all of the world and enjoy life-changing experiences
- Gain hands-on experience applicable to a variety of careers
- A unique experience that will make your resume stand out
Find out more about Camp Stand By Me at: