School Psychologist: Full-Time
Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus! Position will work with grade levels TK-12th grade and includes flexible work arrangements!
Seneca Family of Agencies is a non-profit organization that partners with public charter schools to provide mental health services that build their capacity to meet the diverse academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs of students grades TK-12 Puget Sound Region. We are looking for a School Psychologist that will contribute to a team that prides themselves on finding purpose and creating community. Our School Psychologist is a valued member of our school based team who collaborates with our students, families, community partners to remove barriers and build safe and healthy environments for academic success.
"My favorite part of being a school psychologist with Seneca is supporting the meaningful inclusion of students with disabilities in every aspect of the school community. I love working with our committed teams of special education teachers, SLPs, OTs, and mental health therapists to find creative solutions that support inclusive classrooms and meet student needs."
- Seneca Employee
Our goal, under the Unconditional Education model, is to provide our students and their families tools and resources so they may thrive within their community. Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Conduct assessments and evaluation to determine eligibility for special education students, and provide information for educational programming for students
- Facilitate and present results in evaluation meetings, providing the team with recommendations regarding eligibility and required supports
- Systematically reassess children with special educational needs as appropriate
- Provide guidance and assistance to children with learning, behavior and/or adjustment problems at assigned schools
- Support the development of appropriate individual and/or group programs of instruction and treatment of students in assigned schools
- Provide in-service training in learning, child development and child management to parents, teachers, administrators and other professionals and paraprofessionals
- Provide consultation and advisement to administrators, teachers, and parents regarding the general and special educational programs as appropriate
- Assist in coordinating, communicating and seeking consultation with community agencies as needed
- Actively engage in being a member of the multi-disciplinary team and school-based team
- Master's degree or Ed.S. in School Psychology or higher
- Washington Educational Staff Associate (ESA) certification for public schools
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations; general education curriculum; response to intervention principles; disabilities and appropriate curriculum; behavior management systems
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team
- Valid Washington driver's license and current automobile insurance, and insurability through Seneca's automobile policy
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Monday – Friday, school hours
- Ability to create and manage schedule within school hours
- Flexible work locations, but in-person testing required
- School year calendar with paid school breaks
- $76,000/year, the actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications + $2,000 signing bonus
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Stipend for continuing education and licensure reimbursement annually
- Additional compensation upon passing bilingual language exam, bilingual not required
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), including 10 in-person sessions per situation
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness may be available for qualified employees.
- Close-knit multi-disciplinary team environment with opportunity to frequently collaborate with other disciplines who work at Seneca (SLPs and OTs)
- Supportive supervision model with weekly meetings with supervisor
- Abundant promotional opportunities throughout Washington and California
- Company cell phone provided to contact families during working hours
- Mileage reimbursement