Web Content Support
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Web Content Management Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $22.91 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrated experience with web content management systems (Drupal).
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. PHP, HTML, CSS, R, Python) is considered desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience with SharePoint is considered desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills (i.e., oral, written), including effective multi-media technical communications.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology, Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Public Health, etc)., or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Research and Development (ORD) at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country. The Office of Science Information Management (OSIM), part of ORD, oversees numerous information management applications and processes and provides leadership with enterprise information management and technology operations and support.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Review data and make recommendations on content/page development.
- Collect and summarize web based monthly stats
- Using and updating SharePoint sites where necessary
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.ORG