Math - Middle School Teacher
We know student teachers and potential alternative license (non-education majors) candidates are busy during their final year. Please complete the google form listed on the job posting to share your interest in teaching with Aurora Public Schools and we will follow-up with you regarding opportunities that match your interest and our application process.
- Effective teachers in the state of Colorado have the knowledge, skills, and commitments needed to provide excellent and equitable learning opportunities and growth for all students.
- They strive to support growth and development, close achievement gaps and to prepare diverse student populations for postsecondary and workforce success.
- Effective teachers facilitate mastery of content and skill development, and employ and adjust evidence-based strategies and approaches for students who are not achieving mastery and students who need acceleration.
- They also develop in students the skills, interests and abilities necessary to be lifelong learners, as well as for democratic and civic participation.
- Effective teachers communicate high expectations to students and their families and utilize diverse strategies to engage them in a mutually supportive teaching and learning environment.
- Because effective teachers understand that the work of ensuring meaningful learning opportunities for all students cannot happen in isolation, they engage in collaboration, continuous reflection, on-going learning and leadership within the profession.
- Effective teachers establish a rapport with parents, students and colleagues, and exhibit knowledge of the content of the subject area assigned.
- Effective teachers are responsible for using effective instructional techniques.
- Effective teachers maintain a positive attitude and perception about the educational task.
Education and Licensure:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds or will be eligible for a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position. Aspiring out-of-state educators are WELCOME!
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.