Special Education - Cross Categorical (Interrelated) Teacher
We know student teachers and potential alternative license (non-education majors) candidates are busy during their final year. Please complete the google form listed on the job posting to share your interest in teaching with Aurora Public Schools and we will follow-up with you regarding opportunities that match your interest and our application process.
- To support student achievement. Responsibilities include assessing, teaching and supporting students with disabilities in a continuum of services to include in-class and pull out option.
- Consultation and collaboration with general education and special education staff are essential components of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and applications of standardized assessments for eligibility and general education assessments in literacy and math for programming purposes.
Education and Licensure:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
- Acceptable Licenses
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed Specialist (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 5) Grade P3-K only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages 3 thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Special Education Specialist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Moderate Needs (ages 5 thru 21)
- Severe Needs Communication (ages 5 thru 21)
- Educationally Handicapped (K-12)
- Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization (TEE)
Special Education Generalist OR Moderate Needs- Teacher 1 OR Educationally Handicap
The teacher shall identify the development needs of students, shall maintain a productive learning environment, and shall work collaboratively to support the priorities of the Strategic Plan.
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.