(#R24736) Direct Support Supervisor / Growth Horizons
We are hiring for:
Direct Support Supervisor / Growth Horizons
If you are a positive and personable individual looking for a satisfying and fun opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual, developmental disabilities, and people facing mental health, and substance use challenges, join our team at RHA Health Services!
To supervise Direct Care staff in order to ensure good basic developmental care services for service users by coordinating all developmental care services.
As a Direct Support Caregiver you will provide support for your clients both in residential and day care settings. You will get to know your clients on a personal level as you assist them with in the implementation of personal plans, goals, and objectives; working with them to facilitate their communication in terms of needs and requests.
This is a highly rewarding entry-level role. You will help your clients by helping to identify personal outcomes that will best suit their individual interests, cultural backgrounds and dreams for the future. You will work with an interdisciplinary healthcare team to identify the appropriate support methods necessary to achieve the stated goals.
We are Looking for a Direct Support Supervisor!!!
Payrate: $14.00 an hour
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Direct Support Caregiver (also called Direct Support Associates) to join our home caregiver team in this entry level role.
The Direct Support Associate II position is for those that have experience in direct support serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Responsible for helping to implement services and supports that will assist your client achieve personal goals and desired outcomes as identified through an Individual Support Plan.
- Providing opportunities for choice and encouraging clients to exercise control over themselves and their environment
- Assisting and instructing on food preparation and house cleaning
- Helping clients to identify and acquire valued social roles, as well as healthy personal and social habits
- Continuously assessing the functional levels for your client, motivating clients and providing consistent reinforcement, assessments, and feedback for all learning activities
- Dispensing medication, monitoring dosages and making notes in charts in accordance with your level of training
- Transporting and accompanying clients to and from day programs, work sites, and community activities
- Supporting clients at vocational sites to help meet their responsibilities
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associate Degree in a health related area; or two years’ experience in a health related field
- While not required in this entry level role, work experience, highly desirable
- Experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, preferred
- Valid drivers’ license and automotive insurance
- Flexible schedule and availability to provide on-call coverage as needed
- Regularly required to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. Must be able to pull minimum of 50lbs.
- Provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or MedTech certification, a plus
Growth Horizons is a division of RHA Health Services. Founded in 1989, RHA began as a small provider of support services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in North Carolina. Over the years, RHA has expanded to include a broad range of disability services and continue to add other types of services across multiple states to meet communities' needs. RHA has also added high-quality behavioral health services to support people with a wide variety of mental health and substance use needs as well as support services for those who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
For more information visit our website at : https://grhorizons.com/
We offer the following benefits to employees:
- Payactiv: early access to the money you’ve earned from hours you’ve already worked, before payday!
- Employee perks and discount program: to help you save money!
- Paid Time Off (full-time employees only)
- Health/Insurance (full-time employees only)
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Wellbeing Programs: Physical, Emotional and Financial
- Chronic Disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes (for qualifying employees)
- Training: Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
*contract/contingent workers and interns do not qualify for any of the above benefits
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
EEO Statement RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.