(#R25244) Mental Health Professional / Therapist / Salisbury Behavioral Health
We are hiring for:
Mental Health Professional / Therapist / Salisbury Behavioral Health
If you are a positive and personable individual looking for a satisfying and fun opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual, developmental disabilities, and people facing mental health, and substance use challenges, join our team at RHA Health Services!
The Mental Health Professional serves as clinical therapist on a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for providing therapy to individuals who struggle with persistent mental illness. This position is required to work hours that coincide with client schedules, that could include day, evening, and/or weekend hours.
Location: Stroudsburg (Carbon, Monroe, Pike Counties)
We are hiring a Mental Health Professional / Therapist
Pay rate: $23-25
Bonus: SBH/PAH Employee sign on- $1000.00 to be paid in 3 increments
- Bonus is for full time employees and paid out according to training schedule.
- a. $250.00- After orientation which includes shadowing
- b. $250.00- After competing 90-day probation
- c. $500.00- After 6 months of employment
Schedule: We are hiring for multiple shifts/schedules.
Education: Master’s Level Therapist (Mental Health Professional) Qualifications
- Graduate Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Education, Rehabilitation or any Human Services related field
- graduate degree in Social Work preferred
- Additional requirements
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass required background clearances and screenings (FBI, Childline, Criminal, driving record)
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical or rehabilitation experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness, internship and/or practicum experience are considered experience if conducted in a clinical inpatient or outpatient setting
- Provides individual supportive therapy, psychotherapy, and symptom management.
- Provide individual/group therapy treatment in office and in the community, setting using a stage-based model
- Treatment planning and conducts comprehensive, ongoing assessment of consumers’ mental illness symptoms and response to treatment.
- Provides individual supportive therapy, social skill development and assertiveness training to increase consumer social and interpersonal activities in community settings.
- Acts as liaison and consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Assists consumers to obtain the necessities of daily living (i.e. health care, legal and advocacy services, financial support).
- Coordinates detoxification services with external inpatient service providers and establish linkage to self-help programs and residential facilities.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention covering evening hours, weekends, and holidays and provide back up to week-end and evenings as directed.
- Participates in daily organizational staff meetings and treatment planning review meetings
- Develop meaningful relationships and collaborative with external resources for community linkage and aftercare planning.
- Assist clients in finding safe and affordable housing
- Transports consumers, as necessary.
- Completes daily documentation of encounters within regulated and company timeframes
- Provide training to staff and clients regarding Fair Housing Act, American with Disabilities Act, and/or other state or federal legislation regarding safe and affordable housing for persons with disabilities (ACT only)
- Maintains confidentiality per company policy, HIPAA Privacy Rule regulations, and the Department of Public Welfare.
The Location: Salisbury Behavioral Health
Why Should You Apply?
- Ability to help others and make a difference
- Ability to work as a valued member of a dedicated team, enabling people RHA supports to identify and achieve personal goals, experience, meaningful days, participated in the community, and live more independently.
- A great deal of on-the-job training provides the opportunity to grow clinically.
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
Salisbury Behavioral Health
Salisbury Behavioral Health provides a broad range of mental health services children and adults in Pennsylvania.
Salisbury Behavioral Health is a division of RHA Health Services. Founded in 1989, RHA began as a small provider of support services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in North Carolina. Over the years, RHA has expanded to include a broad range of disability services and continue to add other types of services across multiple states to meet communities' needs. RHA has also added high-quality behavioral health services to support people with a wide variety of mental health and substance use needs as well as support services for those who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
For more information visit our website: https://salisb.com/
We offer the following benefits to employees:
- Payactiv: early access to the money you’ve earned from hours you’ve already worked, before payday!
- Employee perks and discount program: to help you save money!
- Paid Time Off (full-time employees only)
- Health/Insurance (full-time employees only)
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Wellbeing Programs: Physical, Emotional and Financial
- Chronic Disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes (for qualifying employees)
- Training: Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
*contract/contingent workers and interns do not qualify for any of the above benefits
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
EEO Statement RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.