Middle School Athletic Director (Internal Only) #1698
Open Until Filled
The primary responsibility of an athletic director is to oversee all aspects of the athletic programs that are sponsored by Cook County 130 School District. This includes, ensuring equipment is available for teams, promoting events, matches, and meets. The athletic director may also participate in fundraising for the teams and to providing guidance to the students in the sports program. Athletic Directors also supervise all sports personnel and resolve any coaching related issues with the support of a building administrator. In addition to scheduling games and events, the athletic director will collaborate with the coaching staff on scheduling game days and practices throughout the sports season, ensuring no scheduling conflict occurs between different middle school teams.
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License;
- Able to work with a diverse student population and establish open and regular communication with parents and guardians;
- Individual is responsible for developing the skills-based programming that all coaches will follow; programming must be reviewed and approved by administrative team;
- Individual is responsible for helping site-based administration in finding coaches and providing student coverage if a coach needs to travel from a prekindergarten, primary, or intermediate site;
- Support gender-inclusivity of transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students to participate in the program aligned to an individual’s affirmed gender support plan;
- Individual works with the appropriate staff to make sure equipment is available for upcoming programming of the next quarter. No athletic materials may be withheld - any equipment purchased by the District may be utilized;
- Individual may need to serve as a substitute coach as needed;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Stipend and additional information:
- Stipend of $1,400;
- If games or practice extend beyond 4:30 pm, it is the expectations that the athletic director remains onsite until all athletes have left the building(s).
Application Procedure: Submit application on-line www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an equal opportunity employer.