Therapist for Crisis Response Services
Are you passionate about helping others when most needed? Do you want to make a difference helping children, families and our communities? At Seneca, we seek a compassionate and assertive individual to become our next Therapist for our Crisis Response Team MRT.
$2,000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
The Therapist for the Crisis Response Program at Seneca provides brief, solution-focused mental health interventions, therapy, crisis interventions, and case management services to children and families that are involved in San Francisco systems including child welfare, San Francisco’s Department of Public Health Child Crisis program, Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), and San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) youth. They work as members of a treatment team and provide services in the community, including hospitals, schools, and family homes located both within San Francisco and up to 90 miles away.
"It is rewarding to work with dedicated, talented, and supportive individuals who exhibited a drive to learn new things. I have the privilege of watching families learn and grow as a result of their exposure to Seneca." -Seneca Therapist-
The Mobile Response Team is a team of Crisis Response Staff who provide community-based support to youth experiencing mental health crises. Seneca believes that crisis response programs are a vital service for youth and families and should exist within a spectrum of services designed to allow youth to remain in their homes and communities.. The service is intended to offer families, schools, and providers an alternative to calling 911 when law enforcement may not be necessary for the level of presenting concerns.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve. Our bilingual Spanish/English employees receive additional compensation upon passing a language proficiency exam.
- Serve as the clinical lead and work with the treatment team to provide crisis intervention and other mental health services as needed in client homes and in the community.
- Provide counseling, therapy, and case management services for youth referred by, but not limited to, the San Francisco child welfare system, SF Department of Public Health (DPH), Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), and San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD).
- Collaborate regularly with team members.
- Complete risk assessments, clinical documentation, and creation of behavioral and safety plans.
- Participate in all treatment reviews, family team meetings and program staff meetings.
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and group supervision to expand skills and receive ongoing coaching and support.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca’s mission and philosophy.
- Provide on-call coverage to the clients as needed.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, or social work required.
- Eligible to register with the California BBS.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English abilities a plreferred!
- Excellent organizational, analytical, computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Previous clinical experience a plus.
- Own vehicle, California driver’s license and insurance.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Must show proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted.
Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Starting at $70,000 - $84,000 annually. The actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role
- A $2000 salary increase upon completion of BBS hours and an additional $2000 salary increase upon licensure
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Salary increases each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-Paid Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays (prorated; this is the full-time equivalent)
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond.
- We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts.
- Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend,
- Abundant promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare