Medical Scribe (Berwyn, IL) - Spanish Bilingual
Medical Scribe- Spanish bilingual
Full Time, Monday - Friday, 8a-5p
Scribes start at $17.25, increase to $18.25 after 6 months, $20 after 12 months, and $22 after 24 months.
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
The goal of the Clinical Informatics Specialist (CIS) is to be the personal data assistant to the provider. The role is responsible for handling informatics responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. CISs are trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team based care. Another major goal will be to facilitate efficient and effective medical care for our patients.
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consulting with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in a full time short-term (1 year) or longer term opportunity looking to gain practical, paid experience in a patient care setting.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Excellent reliability.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies, including HIPAA.
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve, where necessary.
- US work authorization.
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.