Psychiatric Social Worker
Salary: $5,148 - $8,297
Oregon State Hospital (OSH) is seeking psychiatric social workers (PSW) for both our Salem and Junction City campuses! If you are a PSW interested in providing expertise in ongoing bio-psychosocial assessments to assist in patient intervention and recovery? Please apply for these positions if you want to promote individual’s progress towards recovery and wellness!
Locations available in Oregon’s state capital, Salem, and historic Junction City right outside of beautiful Eugene.
Complete the online application at oregonjobs.org using job number: REQ-103212
What you will do!
- Click here to see an interview with one of our amazing LCSW staff!
- You will conduct initial and ongoing strength-based assessments from my trauma informed lens, including initial psychosocial assessment and annual updates, and readiness to transition assessments.
- You will prepare written social work reports to Risk Review, the Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB), and other partner agencies
- You will provide compassionate services with each patient on your caseload on a weekly or monthly basis while monitoring progress towards stated Social Work Interventions and provide updates to the treatment care plan as indicated.
- You will work within a unit Interdisciplinary Team to monitor need for hospital level of care and readiness for transition from OSH.
- You will prepare for and participates in court hearings and testify as requested.
- You will conduct recovery oriented and skill building groups based on patients clinical needs as defined in the treatment care plan.
- You will provide discharge and continuity of care planning for each patient based on service needs, preferences, and available resources in the community.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Have a Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Hold a current Oregon Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license, OR Hold a current Certified Social Work Associate (CSWA) license, OR supply verification of application submission to the Oregon Board of Social Worker (OBSW) by date of appointment.
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
- Clinical knowledge, skills and abilities in working with persons with mental illness and substance abuse disorders who may be involved in both the mental health and legal systems
- Ability to utilize theoretical frameworks and appropriate evidence-based practices in working with persons with mental illness.
- Knowledge and utilization of the principles and methods of psychiatric recovery.
- Knowledge of discharge planning services and supports.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment requiring flexibility and adaptability.
- · Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences including but not limited to clients, family members, interdisciplinary treatment team members, supervisory staff, attorneys and community stakeholders.
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record preferred.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.