Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Manager will primarily oversee all training needs at Ceres to include development of new content, virtual and in-person facilitation, and LMS management. Training will include onboarding/orientation, compliance, and technical and soft skills. The position reports to the Director of People Development in the People & Operations department.
This role is a full-time position that is remote or may be based in Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA. Candidate must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement, and facilitate training program(s) to include:
- Skills-building activities such as public speaking and effective communication, campaign management, project and time management, systems training, and onboarding
- Research and develop future learning opportunities for staff
- Track and report compliance mandated trainings such as sexual harassment, anti-bullying, electioneering, or other mandatory trainings
- Conduct in-depth post-training analysis utilizing the Kirkpatrick Learning Evaluation model or similar
- Manage relationships with outside vendors/partners to provide training, including that of LMS platform provider – Rise
- Manage annual Training budget
- Track LMS, virtual, and in-person training activity and report on quarterly results
- Coordinate all training of new staff to ensure consistency across teams and provide support for hiring managers
- Manage the Education and Training Benefit requests
- Manage special projects as identified by Director, People Development.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Partner with the DEI Team on Ceres initiatives related to our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Support Ceres culture change to build a more inclusive work environment focusing on incorporating Ceres’ values into learning curriculums
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in related field of training, development programming, or education
- Familiarity with sustainability and economics preferred
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills
- Experience developing and facilitating in-person and virtual trainings
- General understanding of teaching and facilitating trainings to different learning styles
- Well-developed project management and organizational skills necessary
- Successful record of organizing and completing multiple projects within budget and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with diverse constituents and making everyone feel valued and respected
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: Salesforce, Bloomberg, and others
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Compensation: The hiring salary is $75,000 to $80,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.